|�||Jon Connor (via essence-of-ebony)|
4 Potential Fossil Fuel Sources That Would Negate Climate Action
A new report, Dirty Fuels, Clean Futures, released today by the Sierra Club reveals four major potential sources of carbon pollution that, if developed, could dramatically alter the world’s climate. Data shows that the oil, gas and coal from these potential sources, including the Arctic Ocean, the Green River Formation, the Powder River Basin …
I thought there were protected spaces where this couldn’t happen ?
There was a time when Sunday’s in America meant a family dinner and one of the most popular items served was a roasted chicken. Here at Casa de Cuisine we like to remember the past and then give it a wallop of Southwestern flavor! So, if it is Sunday then on the menu at Casa de Cuisine you will find our classic 24 Clove Garlic Roasted Chicken!
Ingredients needed to make 24 Clove Garlic Roast Chicken (serves 4):
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed inside and out
- 1 lime, halved
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 24 cloves garlic, peeled and whole
- 4 thin slices of ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 6 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
Place the chicken in a roasting pan and squeeze the juice of the lime over the skin. Set the chicken aside.
- In a small sauté pan or skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and salt and sauté 5 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl mash the garlic with a fork. Stir into the garlic the breadcrumbs and ¼ cup butter. Let the mixture sit 10 minutes.
- Stir the cilantro into the garlic mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Run your fingers between the skin of the chicken and the meat, being careful not to rip the skin (take your time doing this as it is not really as simple as it may sound). Place the garlic mixture between the skin and the meat.
- Spoon the remaining melted butter over the chicken.
- Place the ginger, jalapeno peppers and live halves into the cavity of the chicken. Tie the legs of the chicken together.
- Place in oven and roast 2 hours, basting with the pan juices often.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place the chicken on a carving board. Let the chicken rest 10 minutes.
- Remove the contents from within the cavity of the chicken and discard.
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces and serve.
My Top Secret Meeting with One of Silk Road’s Biggest Drug Lords
Dread Pirate Roberts captained a ship that many thought was unsinkable. But when the FBI seized the original Silk Road on October 1, 2013 ,and arrested the alleged kingpin—29-year-old Ross Ulbricht—the online drugs empire began to capsize. Its hundreds of thousands of customers scattered across the Deep Web, and up to seven known Silk Road vendors were identified and arrested.
As the chaos unravelled into the mainstream and stories of Dread Pirate Roberts’ (DPR) alleged murder-for-hire antics made headlines, one prominent Silk Road drugs syndicate sat in their European safe-house with a ton of opium and a decision to make—would they cut their losses and disappear into the ether while they were still ahead, or keep their lucrative online drugs network running in the midst of all this extra attention?
The displaced drugs syndicate, known on the Deep Web as the Scurvy Crew (TSC), decided to go back to work. For them, back to work meant laundering Bitcoins, vacuum packing drug parcels, and jumping the Moroccan border with bags stuffed full of uncut drugs. Silk Road may have died a sudden death at the hands of the authorities, but as one of the highest rated vendors before the FBI shut-down, the Scurvy Crew saw its demise as an opportunity to diversify.
After six months of negotiation, via encrypted email and several phone calls from throwaway SIM cards, the boss of the Scurvy Crew agreed to meet me. He told me he would explain to me the inner workings of his Deep Web drugs venture, from its humble beginnings to the near million-dollar profits it now apparently generates. Known to me only by the pseudonym “Ace,” the boss claimed to represent a new breed of drug dealer.
“I don’t do this just for the money,” he wrote to me via email. “I like to provide a premium service.”
Disputed border between Sudan and Egypt
America’s Healthy Infatuation With Entrepreneurs - Atlantic Mobile (via entrepreneurwisdom)
Recipe: Cacao chia pudding with avocado mousse
(gluten free, sugar free, dairy free,low carb, DELICIOUS)
You will need for the cacao chia pudding:
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (i used hershey’s natural unsweetened)
- 3 packets stevia (or sweetener of choice amount to liking)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk (or omit for 1 teaspoon extra chia seed)
Method: mix the cacao powder and sweetener with a little of the almond milk first so the powder is easily mixed later, mix until not clumpy. Add the chia seeds and psyllium in and slowly stir whilst adding the remainder almond milk. Put in the fridge overnight or for a few hours for the pudding to “grow”
For the avocado mousse
- half a ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1/2 a scoop of protein powder of choice vanilla flavoured (or plain flavoured just add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to it)
- 2 packets of stevia or sweetener of choice (again to liking)
- 150mls water
Method:place ingredients in a blender and blend untill it becomes a thick mousse like consistancy.
Take the premade cacao chia pudding and place in a glass bowl,mason jar or whatever you fancy! top with the avocado mousse and top with fruit,cacao nibs,nuts and all sorts of delicious goodies and NOM NOM NOM!
After all those Christmas cookies….
this would make a beautiful breakfast room print. it would also look nice beside the cookbook wall.