plus size thrift store shopping tips.
DIY Faux-fur vest!!
Here’s what you’ll need:* 1-2 yards of Faux Fur
* Measuring tape
* Scissors* Needle and thread
- Step 1:Lay your fabric stretched out on the ground…(To make this vest appear asymmetrical, keep the width longer than the length.)
- Step 2:Measure your shoulders across your back from bone to bone and fold fur inwards according to your shoulder measurements.
- Step 3:About 6-12in. down from the top (according to how much of a collar you want) cut out arm holes in the shape of an upside down tear drop.
- Step 4:Now you will work with the collar, you will want to fold the designated material in half and add a few stiches in each side and down the middle to keep the material folded down!and there you have it!
tip: if you want to cinch the waist to create a more flattering look, use a ribbon to dress up the vest or a belt to dress it down!
FOR MORE GREAT DIY CHECK OUT OUR TUMBLR, FACEBOOK + TWITTER!xo-the brunette